Across communities in the U.S., many of our community partners have been participating in Welcoming Week, which runs through Sept. 17. It’s a concerted way to celebrate human connection by getting to know our neighbors of all backgrounds.
One such organization is Catholic Social Services in Alaska. Working with their Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services program helped Suliman Abdalla, a refugee who arrived in Alaska 10 years ago from Lebanon, start a new life that included a career at Providence.
I encourage you to read Suliman’s inspiring story. And thank you, Suliman, for your years of dedicated service to our patients and your fellow caregivers at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
At Providence, our Mission especially calls us to serve those who are poor and vulnerable, and our values drive us to respect the inherent dignity of every individual. That’s why we stand in solidarity with people who are homeless, those experiencing poverty and hunger, and immigrants and refugees seeking a better life by joining and contributing to our communities.
Providing our communities with holistic care and services that have a lasting impact is not something any organization can do alone. Providence proudly partners with trusted, like-minded organizations who share our commitment to making the world a better and healthier place to live. Thank you to all our partners for the important work you do.
Our partners participating in Welcoming Week
- Camino Health Center
- Centro del Pueblo
- Children’s Bureau
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights
- Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers
- Community Health Initiative of Orange County
- English Express
- Family Assistance Ministries
- Families Forward
- Human Options
- Humboldt County Community Resource Centers
- Open Door Community Health Centers
- Paso a Paso
- Public Law Center
- Puertas Abiertas Community Resource Center
- Redwood Community Action Agency
- South County Outreach
- Unidos South OC
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Cham Refugee Community
- Chinese Information Service Center
- El Centro de la Raza
- Entre Hermanos
- Hispanic Business Professionals Association of Spokane
- Korean Women’s Association
- Latinos En Spokane
- Mujeres in Action
- Neighborhood House
- Refugee Artisan Initiative
- Somali Health Board
- Spokane Immigrants Right Coalition